Imogene (or Clare or Rhonda or Giselle) is Here!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Imogene (or Clare or Rhonda or Giselle) is Here!

Post by MesaMouse on Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:47 pm

Sorry, but the pics just aren't posting. Apparently, there's a system problem at Photobucket today Mad

Boy, did I luck out at PetSmart last night! They had a number of Syrian ham girls, short-coated, long-coated and TeddyBear, to choose from but...only one was fully awake. She was running on her wheel, jumping on and off, coming up to the glass to "visit" and being absolutely irresistible! The associate came over to ask if I wanted to hold her (Yes!), opened the tank and actually let me pick up the ham -- I had to scoop her but she really didn't resist; she didn't struggle once I had her out of the tank and held against me and was comfortable enough to explore my shoulder...and then down my back so a good thing the associate was there to snatch her before she ran all the way down to the floor Laughing . The associate said that their hams are usually "3 or 4 months old" and, given her length and heft, that sounds about right. As best as I can determine, her coloring is dove over white, sort of a splash pattern. Once home, she excitedly explored her new digs (20L tank), chewed on everything, ate, drank, ran through tunnels and logged quite a bit of time on her wheel.

Photobucket is not very cooperative today as I can't see my pics, just the titles, so I hope these photos will post successfully.

Pulling a face

Tank set-up

Does this acorn make my butt look fat?

There are three hides in the tank -- under the platform (large), the pink barn (medium) and the acorn (smallest) -- so where do you think I found her this morning? Stuffed into the acorn, of course, with food debris all around the entrance Laughing ! By late morning, she had moved under the platform to continue her beauty sleep.

I'm still not sure "who" she is yet: either Imogene (Celtic for "maiden"), Clare ("bright") or Rhonda (Welsh for "noisy"). Giselle is a bit too delicate a name for her, I think, because she certainly is boisterous!

MesaMouse

Libra Amused

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Imogene (or Clare or Rhonda or Giselle) is Here!

Post by Peachy on Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:58 pm

Yay, congrats! She sounds like lots of fun already!

Maybe try using ServImg for pictures? Click the button I circled here and a little window thing will pop up for you to select your pictures.
Peachy

Scorpio Dancing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse on Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:03 pm

Okay, let's try your suggestion, abeona.

Well, that didn't work, either. I selected, the pics showed up in the box but, when I hit "Send" nothing posted. Feh! Hopefully, Photobucket will get their act together today -- I'm just frosted that there was nothing overtly posted when you log on to Photobucket warning about the current technical glitches -- I had to go into the Help section and found a large notice in bold red!

Last edited by MesaMouse on Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

MesaMouse

Libra Amused

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:08 pm

Awww, I can't see your pics but she sounds adorable. I love love love the name Imogen/Imogene.

Twix, Bacon, Hashbrown, Daryl, Cheeseburger,
Seren, Celyn, and Hazel
CallaLily

Aquarius Wishful

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:11 pm

Oops, after you press send you have to press "insert all."

Edit: You can see the pictures if you open them in a new tab. She's so pretty!
Peachy

Scorpio Dancing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:12 pm

Omg, Rhonda is a great name for a ham!!!! I can't see the pics either bit she sounds awesome! Congrats!!

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Gunther, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse on Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:13 pm

@CallaLily wrote:Awww, I can't see your pics but she sounds adorable. I love love love the name Imogen/Imogene.  

I'm leaning towards "Imogene". It's a fun-sounding name and makes me think of the great 1950's comedienne, Imogene Coca, Sid Caesar's long-time TV partner...and this ham is definitely on the goofy side!

MesaMouse

Libra Amused

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner on Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:25 pm

Aww, what a cutie! Congrats on your new hamster! Smile

Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, Lilac, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent on Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:06 pm

I think Rhonda would be a good name. Syrians have such brutish proportions as far as rodents go, and the name makes me think of the MMA fighter Ronda Rousey. So I think it's a good fit!

"Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of raven, we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on blade of exalted iron sworn. With blood-anointed swords aloft, advance we into dread's dark shade. Punishment divine unleashed with hate, a wrathful storm of bolt and blade. Purge with plasma, fist, and shell; bring cleansing fire's righteous breath. For the Emperor, knights of Caliban! The Lion's anointed Angels of Death! No forgiveness. No retreat."

My current mice: Sally (PEW), Sarah (PEW), and Selina (Broken Black)

Rainbow bridge: Molly (PEW) and Lucy (Brindle)
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

View user profile http://anononiagent.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent on Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:10 pm

Ooh, I can see the pictures now! What a cutie!

"Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of raven, we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on blade of exalted iron sworn. With blood-anointed swords aloft, advance we into dread's dark shade. Punishment divine unleashed with hate, a wrathful storm of bolt and blade. Purge with plasma, fist, and shell; bring cleansing fire's righteous breath. For the Emperor, knights of Caliban! The Lion's anointed Angels of Death! No forgiveness. No retreat."

My current mice: Sally (PEW), Sarah (PEW), and Selina (Broken Black)

Rainbow bridge: Molly (PEW) and Lucy (Brindle)
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

View user profile http://anononiagent.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:20 pm

I can see them now too. She's so pretty!

Seren, Celyn, and Hazel
CallaLily

Aquarius Wishful

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:58 pm

I can see her!  She's magnificent and shiny, too!  She looks a bit like Splotchy except Sable and Satin.  She's a very pretty lady.  Have fun, you are going to love, love, love that ham.  I want to hear all about it!

They also like egg cartons, just like mice

Exhibit A

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Gunther, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse on Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:51 pm

Imogene tried some broccoli last night and wasn't wholly sure she liked it

MesaMouse

Libra Amused

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:06 pm

Oooh, I like her a lot! Try kale, that seems to be the favorite.

scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:52 am

Her face! She's looks like a kid that's just been told to at least try it. Haha

Seren, Celyn, and Hazel
CallaLily

Aquarius Wishful

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum